NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
HouseLogic.com Pinterest Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law.
1. Sponsorship: The HouseLogic.com “Pin the Season” giveaway ("Giveaway") is sponsored by NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® ("Sponsor").
2. Eligibility: The Giveaway is open to legal residents of the United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam and District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry ("Entrant"). Employees or members of NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, its affiliates, advertising/promotion agencies, judging agencies and their immediate families (parents, spouses, children, siblings and each of their parents, spouses, children and siblings) and household members (whether or not related) of each of the foregoing are not eligible to enter the Giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Only one (1) entry and one bonus entry per person permitted.
3. Entry: The Giveaway will begin at 12:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) on December 4, 2012, and all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time) on December 17th (the “Giveaway Period”). The following rules apply to each entry, including a bonus entry, submission. To enter the Giveaway:
Step 1: On your Pinterest page, please create a board titled “HouseLogic’s Pin The Season” (hereinafter “Board” on Pinterest.
Step 2: Pin seven (7) articles from HouseLogic.com that focus on maintaining your home during the holidays. Please include the hashtag #PinTheSeason within the description of every pin.
Step 3: “Follow All” HouseLogic boards.
Step 4: Either: (1) Post a link to your Board within the HouseLogic blog post’s comment section (To post a comment to the HouseLogic blog you must be a registered member of HouseLogic); or (2) Post the link to your Board as a comment on our “HouseLogic Pin the Season” image on Pinterest. You may also obtain a bonus entry in the Giveaway by Tweeting at @HouseLogic using the hashtag #PinTheSeason. All Entries must include a link to your Board and any entry not including a working link will be disqualified. Any parties using spamming or any method other than personally inputting their comment to HouseLogic.com Blog will be automatically disqualified.
4. All entrants hereby agree that upon submission of their Board, HouseLogic shall have an unlimited license to reproduce the Board, and create any derivative works of the Board in perpetuity, and that HouseLogic shall have the right to publish in any media whatsoever the Board (including any reproduction or derivative work) and use it in perpetuity, the entrant’s name and likeness for any lawful purpose, including promotional purposes, without further compensation. By entering the Giveaway, entrant represents that entrant created the Board for his/her entry into this Giveaway. Upon entry, each entrant (on behalf of him/herself and his/her child/children) also releases HouseLogic from all liability arising from his/her entry in the Giveaway and use of the prizes, and agrees to sign any additional documentation which HouseLogic may reasonably request addressing this or any other Giveaway rules. HouseLogic reserves the right to request from any entrant additional documentation it reasonably believes is necessary to validate any entry or award any prize.
5. HouseLogic (“Sponsor”) will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. You acknowledge that in posting your Board it will be freely accessible to the public and you grant HouseLogic the right to so display. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Giveaway.
6. Prizes: One (1) Prize: Prize will consist of one (1) $500 gift card. No transfer or substitutions shall apply. Prizes do not include applicable taxes if any. All details of Prizes shall be determined at the Sponsor's sole discretion. All costs and expenses, including taxes, associated with winning the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winners.
7. Drawings/Odds of Winning: One (1) Prize Winner will be randomly drawn from eligible Entries and bonus entries received during the Giveaway Period. The Giveaway Period will start on December 4, 2012 and ends on December 17, 2012. A winner will be drawn from among all eligible entries and bonus entries received within the entry period. There will be a total of one (1) Prize Winner. Entries will accumulate during the Giveaway Period and odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. The Drawing will be conducted by a designated Giveaway Administrator on behalf of Sponsor and the Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters pertaining to this Giveaway. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules of the Giveaway and the decisions of the Giveaway Administrator and Sponsor. In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more than the number of prizes, as indicated herein. The Prize Winner will be notified via the telephone number and/or e-mail address provided as part of registering for membership on HouseLogic.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The Prize is non-substitutable and, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, non-transferable. All federal, state, provincial, territorial and local laws and regulations apply. Participation in any phase of this Giveaway constitutes the agreement by the Entrant to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Any false information provided within the context of the Giveaway by any Entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, ownership of right or any other non-compliance with these Official Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the Entrant and/or Entry from the Giveaway. Any Entrant suspected of or found by Sponsor to be entering by automatic, programmed, script, bot, third-party or otherwise fraudulent method, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified and all entries made by such methods will be discounted.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The National Association of REALTORS®, HouseLogic, their affiliates, advertising/promotion agencies and Giveaway administrators (collectively “Giveaway Entities”) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any website(s). Giveaway Entities are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to participants or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Giveaway and/or accepting the Prize. If, for any reason, an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed, corrupted or for any other reason not accepted as an entry into the Giveaway, the Entrant’s sole remedy is to submit another Entry into the Giveaway. If, for any reason, the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Giveaway, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, terminate, modify and/or suspend the Giveaway and post such notice at the Page. In the event the Giveaway is canceled, terminated, modified and/or suspended, Sponsor will randomly select a Winner from the eligible Entries received during the Giveaway Period prior to such action. ALL WINNERS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PRIZE IS AWARDED AS-IS. GIVEAWAY ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LEGAL COMPLIANCE WITH RESPECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS OR NONINFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS TO THE PRIZE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, AS SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
By entering the Giveaway, each Entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and decisions of Sponsor and Administrator which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against any of the Giveaway Entities in connection with the Giveaway; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless each of the Giveaway Entities and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”), from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability (including, but not limited to, liability for defamation, libel, slander, invasion of privacy, infringement of publicity or any intellectual property rights, any property loss, damage, personal injury, bodily injury, death, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity, and any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages of any kind even if the Releases have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages), costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Giveaway, including but not limited to any Giveaway-related activity or element thereof, and the Entrant’s entry, participation or inability to participate in the Giveaway, (b) the violation of any third party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights, (c) typographical errors in these Official Rules or any Giveaway materials, (d) acceptance, receipt, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of the Prize (or any component thereof), (e) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability, business or creative considerations, or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond any of the Giveaway Entities’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules, (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of the Giveaway, (g) human error, (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of the entry (including, without limitation, the information or any parts thereof), (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the Page or websites or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Giveaway Entities or by an Entrant, (j) interruption or inability to access the Giveaway, the Website or any other Giveaway-related Page or websites, or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems, (k) any damage to Entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Giveaway, (l) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions, (m) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged entries, (n) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Giveaway Entities, or any of their agents or employees, (o) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof), or (p) the negligence or willful misconduct by Entrant. Any and all activities related to the Prize, are at the Winner’s own risk and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern such activities.
11. DISPUTES: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW THE GIVEAWAY IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE COUNTY OF COOK IN THE STATE OF ILLINOIS. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE STATE OF ILLINOIS. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS FOR ASSERTING ANY CLAIMS SHALL BE A PERIOD OF ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE END DATE OF THE GIVEAWAY PERIOD.
12. GENERAL: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right, to disqualify any Entrant found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Giveaway; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Giveaway. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Giveaway will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All Entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Void in all jurisdictions where restricted or prohibited by law. In the event of any conflict with any Giveaway details contained in these Official Rules and print advertising, packaging, and other Giveaway media), the details of the Giveaway as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
13. WINNERS’ LIST: For the name of the Winner(s), send a self-addressed, stamped business size envelope to: HouseLogic Boost Pin The Season Giveaway, 430 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60611, Attn: HL Marketing Mgr. Requests must be received by January 31, 2013.