If one of your kitchen cabinets is hanging on for dear life thanks to all the opening, closing, and slamming it endures (you probably have teenagers or a husband), you can fix that loose hinge in a very MacGyver kind of way.
- Wooden matches, 99 cents
- Wood glue, 99 cents
- Hammer, 99 cents
What you do:
- Remove the cabinet hinge screw.
- Dab wood glue on a match and stick it into the screw holes.
- Tap it in with the hammer.
- Break off the match part that’s sticking out.
- Let the glue dry for about 4 hours.
- Twist the screw back into place. The match piece will create a new solid base for the screw. Poof.
Tomorrow’s 99-cent store solution: Fixing a stripped screw.
What other inexpensive home fixes have you found or tried?