The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has recalled almost 2.5 million faulty space heaters throughout the year. And now that the weather outside is growing frightful, the commission wants you to make sure yours isn’t one that can short out, overheat, smoke, burn, melt, and otherwise cause house fires.
Recently recalled heaters include:
- Walmart’s Flow Pro, Airtech, Aloha Breeze & Comfort Essentials heaters
- Meijer Touch Point Oscillating Ceramic heaters
- Lasko portable electric heaters
- Honeywell electric baseboard and fan heater thermostats
- GE Zoneline air conditioners and heaters
You may be able to return a recalled product to the store you purchased it at or to the manufacturer. Or call the Consumer Product Safety Commission recall hotline at 800-638-2772.
Find more info on these recalled products at Saferproducts.gov.
Which rooms do you use your space heater in?