A clean, clutter-free home is totally doable. Just follow the minimalist home tips in this infographic:
Minimalist Organization Ideas
It's really about what you do — or don't do.
- Reduce duplicate items in your house. How many towels do you really need, after all? Allow two per person.
- Minimize your storage space. It seems counterintuitive, but when we expand our space, we fill it up. Stop expanding. :)
- Ignore trends. Focus on quality items that you'll keep and use for years.
- Toss something every time you buy something.
- Borrow or rent things, such as tools, that you don't need on a regular basis.
- If you haven't made the switch to digital records, do it now.
- Simply buy less. Skip the BOGO deals.
- Don't use countertops for storage. Have a place for everything.
- Declutter your finances, too. Get rid of debt. For example, if you make one, just one, extra house payment a year (make sure you indicate it's for principal only), you can cut a 30-year mortgage in half.